Friday, September 07, 2007

Atlantic Grace


I finally got around to doing a page on our boat, Atlantic Grace. I'm glad I waited. I think it turned out pretty good. Lets see... The photo was taken by a friend, Jimmy Patterson, on our maiden voyage. The Image of the Spray in the bottom right hand corner comes from the Joshua Slocum Society International website. I applied it with a blending method I learned from Jessica Spragues tutorials. The quote is from Slocum himself. The filmstrip came from escrappers.com. The waves at the bottom of the page came from atomic cupcake templates. All the smaller images are from our own archives except the small photo of us under sail, which came from our neighbour, Stu. Everyone took a picture of us that day. I think they were surprised to finally see us out sailing after so many years of construction. I applied standard photoshop effects to the main picture and to the title. The background was just a blue page to which I applied a satin overlay in order to give a wavy effect.

No comments: