Monday, November 19, 2007

Handmade Christmas Cards



Every once in a while I get the urge to do scrapbooking in a more traditional, hands-on way. My friend, Angie, over at ScrapScene helped fuel the fire with her Christmas Card a Day posts. Here's a couple I have done. I will post more as they are completed.
For the blue tree, I used dollar store paper, ribbon, and brads. I cut the fancy ribbon to various lengths and attached them to the card using square blue brads. The star is a bit of silver pipe cleaner. Inside the card, I pasted on a bit more paper to cover the rough side of the brads.
For the green tree, I used a bit of green fabric with pretty red flowers and a Christmas fabric with various little pictures on it. I ModPodged the fabrics to cardstock. Once dry, I cut the bird out of the one fabric and used a fancy template edge to draw out the tree and cut that one as well. For the background, I used some pale green paper that I got years ago at Micheals craft store. I glued the tree and bird to the top of the pale paper then I used a red pen and the same fancy template edge to outline the card.
FYI... The cardstock that I mounted this all on was leftover invitations from our wedding. They have a nice embossed outline. This embossed edge shows through the paper or if I reverse the paper, it makes a nice outline for the inside of the card. for future cards I may cut the background paper smaller than the embossed edge to take advantage of the already present beauty of the paper. Stay tuned.

No comments: