Friday, November 23, 2007

Handmade Christmas Cards IV

Here's my latest installment of Christmas cards. My friend, Angie, who inspired me toward tactile creations, just had her baby girl. Somehow, she's still managing to keep things running over at Scrapscene. I am amazed.
The paper for this first card all came from a giant pack I picked up at Winners. I went with a whole circle thing here. Background paper with small circles. Brown paper for tree had circles of colour on it. I added circular brads for additional tree decor. Then fianlly, a gold star. The star and the brads came from Dollarama. Oh, almost forgot, I inked the edges of the tree and the card with my gold Color Box stamp.

For this second card, I didn't put any background paper on my cardstock. I left the shiny embossing showing (these were my leftover wedding invitations). I cut a tree from shiny pink textured paper and glued it to the card. I cut varying lengths of ribbon from 5 different black ribbons and glued them over the tree as branches. I angled the ribbon to avoid the wedding cake look (see previous post). Finally, I added a bright red brad to the top of the tree. All supplies came from Dollarama. I think it looks girly with a modern appeal. I know exactly who I will send this one to.
For the third card, the background paper came from my giant pack from Michaels craft store. I thought it looked a bit like windy swirly snow. The tree shape I cut from shiny psychadelic blue paper that I got from Dollarama. The pretty ribbon also came from Dollarama. You have to be very careful with the ribbon. It's tricky to glue it on quickly, before the shiny bits of beadwork come loose or fall off the ribbon. Then, of course, the gold star, also from Dollarama. This is one of my personal favorites.

No comments: