Tuesday, November 14, 2006

First Year

Okay, so I got a couple out of order. These are all scrap pages I did up to just before her first birthday.

This was a pile of totally useless photographs - from the regular photo album point of view. In trying to catch a pivotal moment with my daughter that I could send to her grandparents far away, I managed to document an event. I combined the pictures on one layout and used colours from the background photo to edge the thumbnails. It was a quick and easy scrapbook page. But I get comments from people about how it really tells the story of watching her learn to stand. They say they feel like they were there. Sometimes it's best to keep it simple.

I created the background paper by using a web image of a ducky, repeating it on the page, then brushing around the stamp in an antiquing sort of way. Really time consuming. Layers are your friend!!


No comments: